Something compelled me to go visit the other vomit comit and I discovered holy shit, I’ve been tagged! So I have another post handed to me. This one’s going to be hard, but here goes.
Six Things about me:
1. I’m short, and always get mistaken for a 12-year-old. If I had a nickel for every time I heard, “where’s your mother?” or “What grade are you in?” I’d be rich. It does come in handy though. People seem to look out for me, which is cute.
2. I managed to rescue two animals and make them my pets. One was the rat from psych. We didn’t do anything dastardly to her, she just learned to do tricks for a few sugary treats. If I didn’t take her, they would have put her down. She must have been pretty cute, because when I told mom I was going to take home our project rat, she gasped, but when she saw Hope the hooded psych rat, she put on the voice she uses to talk to pets all the time. I had that little rat until the day she died, *shiver* I don’t want to think of the next time I have to touch dead flesh again.
The other animal I rescued was a guinea pig. There was a girl in one of my psych classes who really wanted a guinea pig, so she got one. Then she really wanted a Jack Russell Terrier. Anybody see where this is going? Jack Russell Terriers like to hunt, and a confined llittle animal would make a perfect prey. So home came the guinea pig. She was with me, until the day, *sob* I had to give her to my parents, who one day took her outside, penned her in, and she got loose, never to come back. I don’t want to think about what happened to poor Bella the guinea pig. I don’t blame my parents though. She could be a real rascal.
3. I know people from all over the place. That’s what happens when you grow up and go to school most of your life in one place, and then go to a school for the blind for two years where your classmates come from all over the province and then you go to university. It makes the phone bills big sometimes, thank god for email. Now that I look at that one, it doesn’t look all that special.
4. The end of my nose apparently looks like a ski-jump.
5. I was quite the little brat when I was a kid. My parents got called into lots of meetings asking if the things I’d say were things they thought. Once, I accused a teacher of forcing kids to do the floride mouth rinse thing. Apparently my words were, “They’re crying, you’re forcing!” Um…I’m lucky I wasn’t born in an earlier time. I might have taken quite the beating for that one.
6. Because of a weird sickness a couple of years ago, I gained a new appreciation for life. There’s nothing like wondering if you’ve served your purpose on this earth, making peace with anyone you may have hurt, and thinking about making a will at 25. I guess I’m still here, so there must be more to do.
Hmmm…who should I make do this? I don’t know. I don’t think I’ll make anyone do it. If someone wants to, they can. That didn’t take as long as I thought.