Speed Dreamons

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that bothered me. I think it bothered me for two reasons: the obvious one, and because it was the fastest nightmare ever.

Here’s some background. A few days ago, I heard something absolutely horrible. A cousin of mine just moved into her new house. She had just moved her stuff in, and was going to move her kids in the next day. She settled down to sleep, and woke up in the middle of the night on fire! She jumped out the second storey window, broke her leg, but got out. She got second and third-degree burns to 80% of her body. She’s now in a burn hospital in a medically-induced coma in critical but stable condition. She’s basically going to need a new skin. Her chances of survival have gone up from 20% to 50%, but they’re still not good. Nobody knows what caused the fire, there’s an investigation on. But you can understand I think about her a lot.

The other night, I was sleeping, dreaming nothing in particular, when out of the silence of indiscriminant dreaming, my mind conjured the sound of spraying of a chemical of some sort, then a mail voice said, “Hi.” and then there was a click, like a lighter, followed by fire, fire everywhere, fire engulfing me. then it was over, just like that.

An evil part of me had wondered if one of her less than stellar exes had done this to her. Logically I know it’s probably impossible, but I guess that dream was living out that evil part. I don’t ever want to have a nightmare like that again.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.