I just saw this post about grapes on the GDB blog. What a sad story. What’s even scarier is how many people don’t know that raisins and grapes are poisonous for dogs. I think most people know that chocolate isn’t good, but I wonder how many people have heard about the dangers of xylitol, the sugar substitute in sugar-free gum. I could have sworn I posted about that, but it appears I didn’t.
I think we assume that since we can eat it, they can too. This isn’t always the case. Always check to make sure what you’re giving as a treat isn’t the treat that kills.