She feeds squirrels, birds and deer, and I guess a bear thought the stuff she was leaving out was mmm mmm good too. Then it choked on a cow bone that she had bought for her dog. She has a dog too, and she wants to attract wildlife? Smart!
Well, Patricia bleeding heart Torres decided she just had to save this choking bear. She was going to reach her hand right in the 150-pound bear’s mouth and yoink out the bone. Luckily for her, the bear was pretty much out of oxygen, so couldn’t fight back even if it wanted to. She removed the bone and then brought the bear water so it could recover, which took some time.
She is also double lucky, because this bear was a mamma bear! Yup, this sucker had two cubs with her! Anybody know about the aggressiveness of mother bears? If they think you are at all a threat, they will take you down. You don’t even have to be a threat. You just have to be too close to their babies, and well…it’s maul first, ask questions later.
What makes this woman exceptionally stupid is after this incident, the department of natural resources folks came to see her and told her to not recreationally feed for at least 30 days. She did that, but is back at it again, and guess who came back for a visit? Mamma bear! We don’t know if it’s the same one, but it was a bear with two cubs.
She could have considered this incident with the choking bear the biggest warning ever. But oh no. She continues to put food out for who knows what. I am going to have to keep an eye out for the story that says that she became a bear’s meal one day, because it’s going to happen. It’s just a matter of when.