This sounds like something that should be in a cartoon.
It all started when a woman asked her husband to kill a spider in her bathroom. He went in to get it, but it was out of reach. So, he sprayed it with an aerosol can. Then, he couldn’t see if it had worked, because the bathroom’s light was blown. So he thought his lighter would be a good substitute.
It sure wasn’t. The resulting explosion sent him back into the hallway, and messed up the latch on the door. It also gave him some nice flash burns.
And I’ll bet that spider got away.