The Impossible Is Only The Unfried

We heard on the weekend that there was a fire at the W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind in Brantford. Steve, Matt and I all went there, and a few other folks who read here did too. It took forever for me to track down a news story, but here’s one at long last.

From what we heard over the weekend, the fire started in the library. This news story seems to say it started in one of the preparatory rooms, or back rooms as we always knew them. I hope the story’s right, because when I think about a fire in the library, my heart just sinks. There are so many old braille books and rare, if not irreplaceable tactile works of art in there.

So the long and the short of it is the damage is estimated at about 400 grand and the school is closed for the week. A bunch of blinks got an unintentional extension to Christmas break.

Yikes! This sucktastic January can stop raining bad things from every direction. At least no one was in the school when the fire broke out on Sunday.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.