I Heard A Song On The…Radial?

I learned something last week, and apparently I’m not the only one who did.

Someone was talking about those fields on a form where you have to choose one choice, for example are you male or female, and kept referring to them as radial buttons. I was 99.999999999999 percent sure they were supposed to be called radio buttons, but I didn’t want to correct them only to find out I was a giant fool. So off to Google I went.

I was in fact correct, it is called a rradio button. But just for fun, I searched for Radial button just to see what I would find, and lots of people are confused. I had assumed, and so did Steve, that this was one of those blinklish words, words only blind folks get wrong because they’ve listened to their screen-readers for too long. But no, sighted people make this mistake too. Crazy, crazy stuff. Steve and my minds were both a little blown that day.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
  1. Mind is still a little blown now, in fact. I had no idea this was a thing beyond the unfamiliar with a good use for the arrow keys blind person who writes to ask a question about the new “Desney” movie.

    1. Sorry, I may not have screwed that up enough. I believe the person actually wrote dezney.

      1. What about the guy looking for mistress.com when he meant myspace.com? Heads up for sightlings: JAWS used to say Myspace like “misspiss”. So, misspiss…mistress…ok I get it. But I hope he didn’t actually type that into the address bar.

        1. I never did try going to mistress.com to see what happened. Wonder if it redirects to Ashley Madison.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.