There’s doing stupid things when you’re drunk, and then there’s doing stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid things when you’re druuuuuuuuuuuunk!
A MAN got so drunk at a family gathering he ate a glass beer bottle, NT police say.
Superintendent Louise Jorgensen said police and St John paramedics were called to a Wagaman home just after 9pm on Wednesday.
The 38-year-old man had chewed and swallowed a lot of glass, “and then went for a lie down”.
“His family then called police and St John, and he was taken to Royal Darwin Hospital,” she said.
Royal Darwin Hospital, you say? Fitting, since he seems like the sort who might win an award one day. Remind me not to mess with him in the meantime, though.