Don’t let the fact that you had records as a child make you feel old, Gill. Vinyl is big business now. If your family had an 8-track collection like mine did, let that make you feel old instead.
Next October I hit a milestone when I turn 40, which has me feeling old lately. Here are some of the items that make me feel like an ancient.
- I had Star Wars on VHS. When I was in 3rd grade 30 years ago I asked my uncle to tape me the Star Wars Trilogy, the real one.
- I had records when I was little. The first one I remember getting was The Mini-pops We Are The Mini-pops. For those not in the know, the Mini-pops were a group of British kids who sang anything from Diana Ross to Boy George.
- My sister and I had to actually haul rump to the neighborhood library to research things. I was practically out of high school when Google was a baby.
- I remember original clunky car phones. I was in 8th grade when we got ours.
- Scariest of all, I could be mom to at least half of my church youth group.
What makes you feel old or weird about your place in life?