That’s Not How You’re Supposed To Roast Pumpkin Seeds

There’s a two for one sale in the appropriate names department today as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution assigned Steve Burns the story of Morgan Cook accidentally setting herself on fire.

By the way, 100 bonus points to anyone who can explain what this experiment was supposed to be demonstrating.

A Halloween experiment at a Gwinnett County high school last week went wrong, sending fire around a teacher’s face, Channel 2 Action News reported.
“We were just like confused,” Duluth High School student Condaleeza Waters said. “We didn’t know what to do.”

The experiment in Morgan Cook’s science class involved a ramp, a pumpkin and fire, the news station reported.
But something went wrong.
“When she lit it on fire, what happened is the whole entire ramp lit on fire, and the ramp just exploded,” student Eddie Kim said.
Paramedics responded to the school to offer aid, and a friend of Cook’s took her to the hospital. Bernard Watson, spokesman for Gwinnett County schools, said the teacher suffered “minor superficial injuries” and will be all right.

(Visited 1 times, 8 visits today)

There are no comments

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.